As Chef Manager you will have full operational and financial responsibility for your schools’ catering facility, placing emphasis on delivering the highest quality food and service as well as having the creative flair, originality and ability to make a stir in the school catering industry.
- Managing the team to ensure a consistently fantastic dining experience for students and staff in line with company standards
- Leading in the preparation of delicious and nutritious meals of the highest quality, using our fresh and sustainable ingredients; and overseeing menu development
- Providing outstanding support and guidance to the team
- Leading, developing, coaching and training all staff in a positive and motivating manner
- Having full control of the catering operation including stock, food, and labour costs
- Managing and improving all controllable costs
- Driving sales through monthly promotions and added value events
- Building positive relationships with clients and customers
- Ensuring full compliance with company systems & procedures, and legislation
- Carrying out regular audits to ensure standards are being met
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for somebody who shares their passion for maintaining the highest standards of food and service for their customers along with the following:
- A natural positive leader who can demonstrate great teamwork
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Craft based experience using fresh ingredients
- OND or HND Qualification (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety practices within a kitchen
- Financial understanding of gross profit management and achieving sales targets
Firstly, we give our teams the time, freedom and tools they need to ensure pride in what they are doing each day!
You will also benefit from:
- Monday to Friday working - no more weekends!
- 3 Months Fixed Term (based around term time)
- 30 hours working with no late nights
- £12.50 per hour
- Working for a fast-growing company who would like you to grow with them
- A dedicated L&D team to support you in developing your skills including apprenticeships and training courses that are available for everyone.
We expect all staff to share our commitment of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought by the company. Please also note, It may be necessary for this role to be removed before the closing date due to the volume of applications we receive.